Tuesday, October 31, 2006

in Saskatooney

I arrived in Saskatoon safe and sound ... and cold. There's S-N-O-W on the ground here. It's ridiculous. In Yarmouth, I was still wearing a fall jacket and Birkenstocks. The forecast for tomorrow in Yarmouth is 15 degrees Celsius. In Saskatoon, it's -4. Ack!

I (thankfully) was allowed to take my knitting needles on the plane. I played it cool through security, and it paid off. So, I took advantage of the blessing and knit like a pro during the entire flight. I finished two projects: the scarf for Marcel is done (will post photos soon) and the umbilical cord hat is complete. I couldn't believe how fast I finished the hat! I started it shortly before landing in Toronto and had it finished before I landed in Saskatchewan. Crazy.

I'm glad there's only a two-hour time difference between Yarmouth and Saskatoon. I woke up at 3:45 a.m. and can't wait to hit the sack.

We're going to Regina tomorrow. It's not every day that one gets to go to a city that rhymes with vagina.