Friday, November 17, 2006

Baby's first cable

After starting this project three times, I've managed to make my first (and second, and third) cable. It's oh-so exciting and I feel extremely accomplished. Before I was a knitter, I looked at cables and thought only experts could knit them -- now I know all you need is a crooked needle and ta-da! Instant cables! This photo is far from great (can you say "no sunshine for days"?), but if you try hard, you can see a cable somewhere in there.

This will be another baby's hat made of Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino in a pretty pinky coral shade (I know it looks orange in the photo -- blame the bad lighting).

I gave my umbilical cord hat to my friend today. We tried it on the little one and it's absolutely adorable. It's still a little big for him (he's only one month old), but he'll soon grow into it. I wish I had my camera with me when we stuck it on his head, but alas, I didn't.