Wednesday, November 08, 2006

back in Nova Scotia

My cold proved to be a pain in the ass (ears?) on the plane ride home. When we took off in Saskatoon, it wasn't long before most of my hearing was gone, but I didn't worry about it too much. Little did I know that going down would be much worse. As soon as we starting heading down toward Earth, the pain started. I was so thankful to be sitting next to the nicest lady in the world (Thank you, Beth!) who held my hand, put her arm around me and gave me a constant suppy of water. There's no point in explaining how much pain I was in -- let's just say I was stomping my foot and came within a nanometre of crying. What was the worst part of all this? Realizing I had to take another plane to Halifax in three hours.

The second flight wasn't as bad (although it was delayed by an hour because of an "indication of a problem") but I couldn't hear in my left ear until the following morning. My left ear still kind of hurts and I still have a cold. Those Saskatoon colds sure are powerful.

I knit another umbilical cord hat for my cousin's new baby boy and I plan to knit another one today for my friend's baby (who is due to enter the world next week!). I have knitting group tonight, so I'll probably work on it then.

I'm also working on a special project for a special friend who may or may not read this blog. The project is almost done and is as cute as a button. I can't wait 'til she sees it at Christmas!!

I applied for a job yesterday! They're hiring two copy editors at the new dialy in the valley, so I applied. I've always wanted to be a copy editor, so I'm hoping this is my "in." As far as I know, copy editing is a lot like producing, which I really enjoyed, and I'm in desperate need of a change. It might be nice not to have my name in the paper anymore. Plus, we could live in Halifax if I got the job and I could commute to Windsor. I'm trying not to be too hopeful ... but I really want the job. I deserve it. I made sure all of my references know that I'm applying and I explained to them why I want the job. Now it's all up to them and my prospective employers.

Jesse and I are going to Halifax this weekend to see The Hidden Cameras. Superexciting!!