Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Chapter 2

Well, I've fnished two new projects. I finished a secret project last night that's for someone who may or may not read this blog. Here's a hint:

Could be a button hole? Maybe not. Oh, it's all so intriguing.

And, as promised, the Kittyville Hat is done. I tried making pompoms (pompons?) to go on the ends of the drawstrings, but they didn't turn out. I think my yarn is too slippery because no matter how taught I pulled the string that goes around the centre, the pompom wouldn't hold. Oh well, I'm happy with a couple of knots on the ends of the drawstrings. I think the hat is rather lovely and cute as a button. Can't wait til it starts snowing and I can wear it (well, maybe not).


I also quit my job today. I had a huge problem with the bureau chief (I've had a problem with him since he came back from his "leave" in July) last week, so I sent an e-mail with the deputy managing editor telling him the whole story (the bureau chief essentially stole one of my stories and put his name on it). The deputy managing editor got back to me today, apologized for the way the bureau chief acted and wished me well. I've applied for a job that seems promising, so I'm hoping to snag it soon. If I don't get this job, who knows what I'll do. I have a freelancing opportunity coming up, so I'm looking forward to that.

I'm starting a new chapter in my life. One chapter has finished and I can't wait to read the next one.