Saturday, November 04, 2006

Last day on the prairie

My whirlwind tour of Saskatchewan is coming to an end. I've seen and done so much! I went to the Ukrainian Museum, saw the provinces two biggest cities, saw tumbleweed (I thought it was just something you see in Bugs Bunny cartoons, but there really is tumbleweed here!), went to an Aboriginal museum, saw Jason Collett and the Dixie Chicks, hung out with Erica and Recep and got a cold.

I also had time to visit some of the knitting stores in Regina and Saskatoon. I picked up some REALLY soft pink alpaca yarn. I'm thinking about knitting myself a hat with kitty ears with this:


I picked up this lot of yumminess in Regina at Hip2Knit. The blue Patons Decor is for a scarf for my hairdresser. I bought the green Mission Falls cotton yarn because I loved the colour and the Debbie Bliss cashmerino was just calling my name. It said, "Ingrid! Touch me! I'm cashmere!!!"


And this is the umbilical cord hat from the Stitch N Bitch book that I started and finished on the plane. Isn't it supercute?
Today I hop on the plane at 11:40 a.m. and I'll be in Halifax by 9:30 p.m. (if all goes well). I'm staying in Halifax tonight and making the trek back to Yarmouth Sunday afternoon. I'm a little (read: a lot) worried about how I'll do on the plane with my cold. I'm really congested and I know congestion+changes in altitude=pain. I'm planning to take a lot of drugs to try and clear my stuffy nose.