Monday, December 04, 2006

Two matching mittens!

The mittens are done! Here they are in all their glory on the window sill.
Pattern: Text-messaging mittens by Heather Brack
Source: knitgrrl by Shannon Okey
Materials: (pink) Misti Alpaca worsted in colour #972 and (green) Mission Falls 1824 cotton in colour #805
Needles: US 7 (4.5 mm) bamboo dpns
Started: November 25, 2006
Finished: December 1, 2006

Modifications: The main one being that I didn't knit a hole in the thumbs for text-messaging purposes because I don't own any text-messaging doodads. I also used a different yarn (the pattern calls for Cascade 220) so it would match my beloved Kittyville hat.

I really like these mittens. Since they're made of alpaca yarn, they're supersoft and really warm in the cold weather. I had the chance to wear the matching set today since it SNOWED in Yarmouth! It's the first snow of the year! Yeah, I'm one of those people who loves snow.

Here's the scene from our living room window today. This is the intersection at Alma and Carleton streets. Isn't it lovely?

The socks (rather, sock) are coming along nicely. No photos yet, because they don't look like much, but I did manage to turn a heel and knit a gusset. Now the only challenge remaining is grafting the toe. I'm quite proud that I managed to figure out how to turn a heel. I ended up doing it twice because I screwed up the heel flap of all things! The sock seems small right now, but I hope they'll fit my hubby's wide feet!