Sunday, January 14, 2007

FO: Tempting sweater

I finished the Tempting sweater on Friday and I'm so pleased with it. I haven't had the chance to organize a photo shoot of me in the sweater yet, so here's a sneak preview of the finished garment.

Pattern: Tempting by Jenna Adorno
Source: knitty.com
Materials: five-and-a-quarter balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in colour #330010
Needles: one set of US 8/5mm bamboo dpns and one 24 inch US 8/5mm bamboo circular needle
Started: December 28, 2006
Finished: January 12, 2007
Modifications: None at all.
Notes: This was a very simple and quick knit and I'm glad I chose it for my first attempt at a sweater. It fits me quite well and I hope to get a lot of wear out of it. I love how pretty this sweater is. It's girly and cute and I can wear it to work with a skirt or on my days off with jeans. Verdict: supercute sweater.

I promise to have modeling photos up soon. It looks a little wonky just sitting on the table. Let me assure you, it looks much less boxy on my body.

I went to my lys yesterday morning to wind a bunch of balls of yarn on their swift and I ended up buying some more yarn for future projects. I'm so excited about these future knits!

Bottom to top: three balls of Manos del Uraguay that will soon be transformed into a pair of house slipper from Knit 2 Together, and two balls of Sweet Georgia yarn in Life Aquatic to either make some Pomatomous socks or Jaywalker socks ... I haven't decided yet.

And here is my newest project: an orange lace scarf in Misti Alpaca lace weight yarn. I know it doesn't look like much right now, but when I stretch it out just right, you can see the pattern. This baby will need a heckuva lot of blocking, but I think it'll turn out okay. It will be gifted to someone -- I'm just not sure who yet.

2 comments:

  1. The sweater looks awesome, I especially like the ribbon. And I love the lacy orange scarf-y blob. Very un-knitty and nice. And even more than that, I ADORE the yarn on the bottom of your stack - I was at Hands on Crafts yesterday and saw some like it in the most yummy mustard-y colour. Mmmmmmm, almost makes me want to take up knitting. I think I figured out the problem for me, though - I can't sit still long enough. Maybe someday. Anyway, it all looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your "tempting" came out super cute. and i love the misti alpaca your using for your lace. its a color i dont see very often but will look really nice when its done i bet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!