Wednesday, January 10, 2007

So close, yet so far away ...

"So close" because I'm so close to finishing my Tempting sweater, "yet so far away" because I need another ball of yarn and that ball is roughly 300 km away. So, I've convinced hubby to make a trip to Halifax tomorrow to get another skein of yarn and maybe some nice sock yarn. I've promised him I'd do the rounds of the record shops in town in return for the yarn shopping.

But back to the sweater. It's nearly finished. In a few days, I'm sure I'll be wearing it for all to see and I will be posting photos of myself modeling the sweater very soon! I went out and bought some ribbon this afternoon to weave in the yoke of my sweater. It's a nice 1 1/2 inch ribbon in a pretty pale aqua. It compliments the turquoise-y colour of the yarn perfectly!