Thursday, March 15, 2007

Mossy Mobile Magnum


Pattern: Mossy Mobile Magnum
Source: my own design!
Materials: some leftover sweet georgia sock yarn in Life Aquatic
Needles: US 1/2.25 mm bamboo dpns
Started: March 13, 2007
Finished knitting: March 14, 2007

This pattern is nothing special. I cast on 15 stitches, knit a moss stitch flap, cast on 30 more stitches and joined them in the round, worked about a centimetre in moss stitch, switched to stockinette stitch, decreased a few times along the way, and when the cozy was long enough to house my phone, I ended with the kitchener stitch. That's it!


I'm quite happy with this little case for my mobile phone (Hubby makes fun of me when I call it a "mobile." I had to change my answering machine because Hubby was in hysterics after hearing me say, "or you can reach me on my mobile phone at . . . " I just hate calling it a cell phone!) and I'm overjoyed about designing my first pattern. Okay, so it's not a lace stole or anything, but it's still a pattern and it actually fits the phone perfectly . . . and that's all that counts.

Coming soon . . . a post about my next project! I've ordered the yarn and can't wait 'til it shows up in my mailbox. I'll let you all in on the secret project when that buttery soft yarn arrives!