Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Hey Mother Nature! Make up your damn mind.


See that white stuff on the ground, behind the daffodils? That's snow. Mother Nature teased us with several days of gorgeous spring weather, but today, walloped us with a snowstorm. Thanks a lot ma'am. I'm just glad I haven't taken the snow tires off my car yet.

Mr. MacBook is back from his sojourn in Apple Land. The lower left corner of the screen is still a little wonky, but I'd rather live with the wonkiness than shell out $700 to have it fixed. Yup, $700. I understand that the screen is physically half of the computer, but there's no need to charge more than half of what I paid for it to repair it. I'm still going to call Apple to see if I can make a deal, but in the meantime, I'm living with a speckled screen.


In knitting news, I'm plugging away at the Lacy Hug-Me-Tight. I was sick with a cold last week, so I didn't knit all that much between naps, cough syrup, sneezing, decongestant tablets and vegging out on the couch. But the cushy softness of silk and alpaca makes me feel splendid and I'm excited about diving back into knitting endless rows of 2 x 2 rib, only because it means I'm getting that much closer to knitting the lacy bits.


P.S. This colour is amazing. So pretty