Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Settling in

Guess what arrived in my mailbox this morning?

A package from Purl!


Filled with some lovely textiles!


That became place mats for my new kitchen table!


We're settling into the new house. There are still a few boxes that need to be unpacked and as soon as that's done, I hope to start painting. All of the walls are white in this house, except for a few atrocious wallpaper borders. I'm planning to paint the kitchen mint green and purple (like the place mats) and the living room will be a boring beige colour since we have a red couch and a freakishly bright yellow chair (that you can see in the background in the above photo). I haven't decided on colours for the other rooms -- that will be done later. I just want to get the kitchen and living room done as soon as possible.

Oh! and the toe. The toe is better but it's still a huge annoyance. I think I'll be able to dance on Thursday, which is opening night for the musical. We had a dress rehearsal last night and I fell . . . I'm going to try to avoid any spills Thursday night!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, very nice placemats! Glad your toe is feeling a bit better, and can't wait to see the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely placemats! Any day that brings a package from Purl is bound to be a very good day! :)

    Thanks for your comment on my contest post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!