Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Behind the curtains, the sun is shining

Those curtains that caused me to lose several layers of skin are finished and hanging up in our living room. Turns out, it was worth the injury to have such cute "window fashions" (don't you hate that term? I do).


It wasn't easy getting a decent shot of the curtains. I tried in the evening -- not enough light. I tried in the day -- too much light. That's why I opted for a close up of the tabs, so you can see how cute the fabric (purchased through Purl) is.


I used many of the tips I learned through Amy Karol's Bend-the-Rules Sewing book on these curtains. I can't wait to try to sew one of her patterns. They're oh-so simple, elegant and cute. Check out Sherrie's beautiful quilt to see what I mean.

1 comment:

  1. How lovely! That fabric is darling. I could spend some SERIOUS cash in Purl Patchwork. Good thing it's a 9-hour drive away!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!