Wednesday, February 06, 2008

FO: The Hubby Hat

Jesse has never wanted anything hand knit. On occasion, I'll show him patterns I think he'd like (Cobblestone, anyone?), but he always scrunches up his face and shakes his head. So, you can understand why I was so surprised when he asked me to knit him a hat. What kind of hat? He didn't know. I showed him a few patterns, all of which got the same response as Cobblestone, until one day when we were driving in Halifax I spotted a pedestrian sporting a ribbed hat with two stripes. Do you want one like that? Yes, he said. So, I started searching Ravelry for a nice pattern. He approved this one:


Pattern: The Boyfriend Hat by Stephanie Nicole
Source: Stephanie Likes to Knit
Materials: 2.25 skeins of Mission Falls 1824 wool in Ink and scraps of the same yarn in Stone
Needles: US 8/5 mm bamboo dpns
Started: February 2, 2008
Finished: February 5, 2008

Mods: I knit the hat one inch longer, so it covers his ears.

Check out those decreases! They're the reason I chose this pattern. I just love the way they look.

Jesse models his hat while Moustache looks on

The hat is a hit with its new owner. He couldn't model it outside today because it's raining, but he says he's looking forward to wearing it while skating on the lake.