Tuesday, February 19, 2008

FO: Mary Jane slippers

I definitely needed a break after knitting the Bird In Hand mitt, so I decided to indulge in some Artyarns Supermerino and knit myself the cutest slippers ever.


Pattern: Mary Jane Slippers by Whitney van Nes
Source: the purl bee
Materials: 1.2 skeins of Artyarns Supermerino in colour #127 and bits of Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Victorian Pink
Needles: US 6/4mm and US 5/3.75mm circular needles
Started: February 13, 2008
Finished: February 19, 2008

I love these. The toe looks a little funny because the sole peeks out a bit on top, but that doesn't bother me. I think it actually looks sort of neat. What can I say? It's a super pattern teamed up with super yarn.


And here's a gratuitous Moustache shot -- he's angry that I've turned his ball of supermerino into slippers.