Saturday, February 02, 2008

FO: Monkey socks

I can just barely hear my feet sigh when I slip on these socks. They're lovely. I've been wanting to knit a pair of Monkeys for a while and they were a joy to knit -- 3683 Ravelers don't lie.


Pattern: Monkey by Cookie A.
Source: knitty
Materials: 2 skeins of Oceanwind Knits merino in blu
Needles: US 1.5/2.5 mm Addi Turbos
Started: January 23, 2008
Finished: February 1, 2008

Mods: The cuff. I hate knitting through the back loop, so I just knit a standard 1x1 rib.


The yarn: I fell for this yarn when I knit Mum's Hedgerows. People! This yarn is perfect! Squishy, soft, shiny, bouncy, the perfect semi-solid colourways -- I can't say enough about it. I sincerely hope it wears well, because I want to wear these socks everyday.


The pattern: One word: addictive. It took me 10 days to knit these and I'm not the speediest knitter, but I couldn't put these socks down. The pattern is easy to memorize, which is nice because it looks impressive, but it's not hard at all.

Verdict: I don't want to take them off of my feet.